Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

the technicolor dreamboat


Well, well, well.
Look at what the cat coughed up.
It's me!
Hi.



I'm surviving over here. Just barely... but I'm pulling through like a duck swimming in jelly.

I've recently started taking an ashwagandha and rhodiola supplement and dandelion detox tea and my physical stress symptoms have calmed down to a dull roar. Not even a roar. More like a wee little mew compared to what was happening to my body. Physically, I feel SO much better and brighter.

The pills make me a little aggressive though. Like, super type-A aggressive about weird things:

I'm going to clean today!
VACCUMING!
EFF YEAH!
DISHES! I HATE THEM! LET'S DO IT!
GET OUTTA MY WAY! AAAAGGGGHHHH!!!
DANG IT'S A LOVELY DAY!
GROCERIES!
TOILET PAPER!
RAWWWRRR!!

And then I rip my shirt off like Hulk Hogan and flex my muscles while barking at my children like a Tibetan mastiff.



So life is still pretty poopy right now and I'm still stressed but I don't feel like I'm about to have a stroke anymore! Yay!

GOOD NEWS REPORT:
My husband finally found a job after being "self employed" for over a year. He's not exactly sure when it starts but it will pay well. The bad part of all of this is it's a travelling job that will have him away from home for weeks at a time. Meh.

I already scratched of my New Year's plans of opening a flea market booth. We got an 8x8 booth in a very large and popular flea market. Since we opened it on Saturday afternoon and it's Tuesday now, we haven't had a chance to add everything and decorate but just yet but it's about 3/4 full so far.

The downside is, the market only allows 5 articles of clothing per booth! WTF??!?! Almost the entire booth was supposed to be kids clothes! OMG, we're drowning in kid's clothes piled up in trash bags here and we can't afford to just give them away so I'm hoping maybe I can butter the market owners up to get them to be a little lenient with me.


So here's what we wore to church Sunday.
ME: Handmedown blouse over a handmedown ikat print sundress layered over leggings and a tank top because it was in the 30s that day.

MISS CEDAR: Handmedown cardigan, Christmas gift dress from her Mimi, electric melon tights with unseen gold threads woven in and her favorite brown boots!






Soooo how are you all doing? Have you been sleeping well? Are you brushing twice a day and flossing?

5 comments:

  1. Good to see you have rounded the bend!

    I want what you're having. Sounds amazing! Like you are manic without the depressive part. Just what I need to pull me through this winter weather.

    I'm so going to try Cedar's fashion pose. It's a winner.

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I'm feeling quite stressed myself, I was already half out the door on my way to get your supplements, but then I read about the agressive part. So recognizable, I already have it without the supplements ... What a strange policy that market has, I really hope you'll be able to make them see sense. Loving your Ikat print sundress and as for Miss Cedar: she just rocks! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good, Hollie:) Love the outfit. And look at Miss Cedar...she's grown so much! And seriously, Hollie....I am in awe of your motivation. Good luck with the flea market. I hope you get to put up more stuff than 5 items of clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what's with the clothes and flea market/market stalls? I sold at a place downtown and they told us (after awhile) no more "used" clothes. Really pissed off the woman who sold vintage clothing. They said it was because they didn't want the place to turn into a thrift store. A new owner kicked all us vintage sellers out and turned it into a "French Market" selling run of the mill stuff to the junior league crowd. Here's hoping you have better luck

    ReplyDelete

  5. I really appreciate your professional approach.These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future.

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete

Don't by shy, you dirty little stalker you. Leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...