Search This Blog

Sunday, January 4, 2015

center of the universe

Trick or treat
Smell my feet
Here's a post about the week!
*******************************
Well, actually, this particular collage of photos was from the 22nd. I haven't had a chance to share these pics from the husband's birthday.
 River decorated a crown and I made acorn squash stuffed with brown rice, pork and kale. That's not cheese on top, it's an egg. The yolk broke. Funny thing is, I didn't even know what an acorn squash was until the husband brought it to me demanding I stuff it with sumffin'. 
(FYI: My husband works with granite so he comes home pretty dusty.)
*
*
*
I made flour tortillas from scratch for the first time ever!! They were stupid easy to make, just really time consuming. I used this recipe here.
 And here's me trying my hand at something different from my regular menu of Cajun and Tex-Mex.
Butternut squash chicken coconut currry...stuff.
Butternut squash. Another first for me.
And this happened....
 And this glorious moment: The introduction of alcohol sales on the Texas side!
When I say "Texas side"  I mean Texarkana, TX. Texarkana is in Texas AND Arkansas. Until now you could only buy alcohol on the Arkansas side. A vote changed that a couple of months ago. Weee!!! Soon, wine will be within walking distance!
 I came across this amazing parking job at Walmart.
 We finally got to try a new place downtown called Pecan Point Brewing. The only pub that sells craft beers and has a family friendly dining area here. They were out of their house brew... kind of unacceptable for a brewery, I know.... so we didn't even get what we came for. No, that's a lie. We got the duck fat fries everyone's been raving about. They're greasy, covered in smoked sea salt and quite terrific.
The menu was limited and the prices are waaaay too high for us low income bums so we won't be visiting there often. It was nice to get out of the house though. We were mostly able to go thanks to a very generous gift from a very awesome blogger friend. Thank you! You know who you are!
And here are the kiddies, all dressed up for church.
 Check out the details on  River's shirt.
  Sup?
 I seriously hate stretchy, synthetic materials so this skirt has been in the closet for a while. I got it from eBay super cheap and just assumed it was cotton when I ordered it. Oh well. It's one of those convertible dress thingies but my tay-tays are WAAAY too big for it to be a dress.
I wore it today because I rarely wear prints and I was in the mood for something a little different.
Alright, I'm going to go drink myself into a caffeine fueled mania and pin a thousand images on Pinterest until I crash just in time for bed.

11 comments:

  1. Pecan Point Brewing looks gooooood! I'm trying to talk myself into trying to make the tortillas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had your hands full with that food girl !
    Your baby girl is SO cute. She looks just like river. You are so blessed-you have a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How on earth did you manage when booze wasn't in walking distance? That would never be allowed in the UK, we're a nation of lushes!
    Happy Birthday to your bloke. You're all too cute. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colorful skirt looks great! River is so handsome in his church clothes.
    My town just allowed alcohol to be sold in grocery stores last year and sometimes it's nice to grab a bottle of cheap wine when making a pop-tart run.
    Happy late birthday to your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great recap, Hollie! You have mad cooking skillz:) And I love that skirt too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, two different squashes in one week! I also am not accustomed to this vegetable but think it's time for that to change, as both meals sound delicious. And homemade tortillas! Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susie home maker over here with home made tortillas. That parking spot is absurd... I would have had to wait and see who came out to the car haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. The food looks greasy but tasty at the brewery. The kids are super adorable....and you look great, so pretty in that outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. America and our crazy laws about booze! I just got back from South Carolina: 2 doors, go left for beer and wine, go right for the hard stuff. WHAT?????

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wait now, you couldn't just get alcohol? they sell it here at the local convenience store, nappies, baby food, vodka, it's the natural order haha!! well, I'm chuffed the laws have changed!! happy Birthday to your husband, you are gorgeous and those babies of yours are just beautiful x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. The alcohol thing is truly mind-boggling!

    ReplyDelete

Don't by shy, you dirty little stalker you. Leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...