Search This Blog

Thursday, December 13, 2012

a warning would have been nice...

Remember when it was customary to start or end a blog post with your current stats? I kinda miss doing that. I'm going to do it now.

Eating: Chili with saltines and cheddar cheese
Drinking: watered down white grape juice
Watching: Some mediocre stand-up comic I randomly selected on Netflix
Feeling: My late night energy boost kicking in

Pregnancy:

Today was, eh ok. I've been sitting around the house a lot lately because my pelvis is going to explode any minute now. Walking is just not something I'm wanting to do these days. But today I really wanted to go out for a change of scenery and try my hand at walking further than my bathroom is to my bedroom. So I went to Books-A-Million first and with every step I took I could swear my hip joints were going to pop right out of their sockets. I think I was in there for maybe ten minutes before I had to leave. I then went to Michael's to pick up some jewelry making supplies (I really needed those) and intentionally parked in a handicap spot for the first time in my life. I think that those spots should be for the handicap AND pregnant women over 30 weeks along.
I'm pretty sure that if Michael's had those little electric shopping scooters I would have used one of those too but instead I had to slooooowly waddle my way through the store to pick up the supplies I been lacking for weeks. By the time I made it to the front of the store to check out, I felt like I had been hit by a bus.

When I got home it was past time to cook dinner so I sat on a stool in front of the stove to cook a quick evening breakfast. What a disaster. I somehow managed to burn pretty much every pancake, I lost shell in the eggs and spilled yolk all over the stove (and it's still there), I burned my hand with oil and by the time I was done cooking I was near tears for making such a poor dinner.
These are the hard times I didn't know were coming. No one told me about how miserable a woman can become during late pregnancy. I kinda feel betrayed, like people have been keeping this dirty little secret from me on purpose. All I heard about was morning sickness, cravings, the pain of birth... and then you have a baby- the end. I didn't know there was more to it than that!
Yes, I know every woman is different when it comes to pregnancy but surely I know at least one woman who could have warned me about this stuff!

2 comments:

  1. The last stretch can be pretty tough so you're totally entitled to lie on the sofa and watch dvds all day. As soon as your little bubba arrives that joy will be a thing of the past believe me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! Made me laugh because I really get annoyed that people think they can just pat my belly...so irritating.

    ReplyDelete

Don't by shy, you dirty little stalker you. Leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...