Search This Blog

Saturday, December 29, 2012

37 weeks

Cravings
cold soda, cold water, cold fruit juice

Physical Symptoms
It's so hard to go to sleep and stay asleep now. I sleep in little bursts all through the night and I don't really get to sleep until my husband gets up for work.
I've probably gained over 40 pounds... ugh...
My belly has dropped and now my back and pelvic area feel soooo much better. I might be waddling now more than ever but at least I'm not in agonizing pain.
My hands and and ankles are pretty darn swollen now.
This is what my poor legs looked like several minutes after taking off my leggings and socks. In a larger shot, you can see the print of the socks in my skin and the seams of my legging on my legs. These marks didn't go away for quite a while! 

Emotions
I'm more weepy and less grumpy. I'm ok with that- I hate being mean.

Baby Movement
Things are pretty snug in there! There's an elbow or a foot or something that he moves up and down the length of my stomach all day. He usually stops to pay special attention to my belly button... I think he's trying to make sure it pops out.

What the Midwife Says
I'm being watched for preeclampsia now. The swelling, headaches and blurred vision are bringing up some concerns.  Yesterday I had to collect my urine in a bright orange jug for 24 hours to send to a lab for analysis... well- I should have done it last week but the with the hustle and bustle of the holidays weighing heavy on me, peeing in a jug was at the bottom of my to-do list.


Yup. Pee. My pee.

1 comment:

  1. oh wow! that is so interesting about the belly button. i can't imagine what that sensations must feel like. i'll know some day, i'm sure! and that's great that you're not in pain anymore.

    ReplyDelete

Don't by shy, you dirty little stalker you. Leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...